Many women are looking to find new ways to incorporate more responsible beauty products into their daily regimen. Natural salon products can help you to create a more earth-friendly beauty routine at your local New Bedford area hair salon and at home. There are things you can do right away to make changes in the products you use – and the way you use them – that will benefit the environment on a local and global scale. The more we learn about making responsible choices and share that information with others, the better equipped we will all be to help make the world a better place.
DeAraujo Salon is a local beauty salon in Southeastern Massachusetts that puts a clear focus on using all-natural, botanically-rich products from the popular Aveda product line. We believe in the same principles that helped to make Aveda a household name in environmentally-responsible hair, skin and body care. It is our goal to provide our clients with top quality, natural salon products that they can use to create a balance between beauty, well-being and the environment.
Top Tips for Using Responsible Beauty Products
Reducing waste and learning how to choose products from your local New Bedford area hair salon that are less chemically-based and more natural is a great way to start. Take a look at these top tips and stop by our New Bedford area hair salon in North Dartmouth, MA for even more natural salon products from Aveda.
- No More Beads – Avoid products that contain scrubbing or cleansing beads. Not only can they be damaging to your face, but many of them are harmful to the environment. Seek out natural salon products that will provide you the scrubbing power you desire without the potentially damaging ingredients that you don’t.
- No More Wipes – Forget all of the disposable things like cleansing wipes and make-up removing sponges that are filling up the local landfills. Not only are they full of harmful chemicals that aren’t good for your body, but they create a lot of waste. Choose natural, reusable and responsible beauty products over convenience.
- Reduce Water Waste – Be mindful about the amount of water that you use when washing your hair, showering, washing your face and doing other parts of your daily beauty routine. Even though Massachusetts isn’t facing a drought or other water crisis, other parts of the country are having problems. We should all do our part to be mindful about wasting water whenever we can.
- Hair Care – Whenever possible, choose natural salon products for your hair care. From washing to spritzing, spraying and gelling, make sure to choose products from your beauty salon in Southeastern Massachusetts that consider the environment. Aveda products, which are available at DeAraujo Salon, are designed to give you beautiful looking results while remaining friendly to our planet.
- Skin Care – Responsible beauty products should also be used for skin care. Body wash, lotion, face wash and sunscreen should all be purchased from a reliable, earth-friendly source. Visit your New Bedford area hair salon to ask about skin care options that you can use that will help you with your beauty goals for softer, smoother, blemish-free skin, yet are made from all-natural botanicals for better results.
- Ditch Disposable – Stop buying anything that is labelled as disposable, such as razors, applicators, spray vials, antiseptic towels, facial towelettes, cotton products and more. Take time to learn about reusable products and tools that will help you to be kinder to the environment, while helping to improve your home beauty routine. Reduce the use of body washes, choosing instead to use bar soap, which has less waste. Recycle items that cannot be avoided whenever possible.
- Natural Makeup – Making a change to natural salon products for makeup is another great way to be more friendly to the environment with your daily beauty routine. There are companies that go out of their way to create responsible beauty products, such as Aveda, which is available at DeAraujo Salon, your local beauty salon in Southeastern Massachusetts. Speak with your stylist the next time you come in to learn more about the different products that are available or visit the online store to shop from home at your leisure.
DeAraujo Salon for Natural Salon Products
If you are in the South Coast region and are looking for a local salon that embraces the use of responsible beauty products made from all-natural, botanical ingredients, look no further than DeAraujo Salon in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with a very comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Whether you are looking to try a new hairstyle, enhance your color, get hair removal services or want a rejuvenating facial, we take great pride in our work and guarantee your complete satisfaction with every service. Give us a call at 508-994-4900 to set up an appointment or to learn more about our natural salon products and professional services.